The EKINOPS PM 20002-MA is a 2-port metro-access muxponder module that aggregates 100GbE client interfaces to transport high bandwidth traffic more efficiently whether for data center connectivity, metro transport, customer router interconnection or just to increase the capacity and improve the efficiency of your fiber plant.
The PM 20002-MA, based on 16QAM coherent optical modulation technology, doubles the maximum capacity per fiber pair compared with optical transport systems based on 100G while providing a significant reduction in power consumption on a per-10G basis. Deployable in both the C200HC and C600HC chassis, EKINOPS can deliver 400G of transport capacity in as little as 2RU or up to 1.2T in 7RU with industry-leading low power consumption of 0.65 watts per gigabit delivered.
The PM 20002-MA also provides investment protection as your capacity demands grow. Using the same hardware, the PM 20002-MA is capable of delivering 400G and even 1T in the future eliminating fork-lift upgrades, service disruption and additional CAPEX spend.
The EKINOPS PM 20020-MA can be managed through SNMP or via the EKINOPS standard element level management interfaces, which include a Command Line Interface (CLI) and an EKINOPS java-based Graphical User Interface (GUI). The CLI is accessible via Secure Socket Shell (SSH) and Telnet remotely or via a local serial port locally on the management board. Complete performance monitoring and management is provided, including laser shutoff and local and remote loopback. Digital Diagnostics Management (DDM) is supported for QSFP28 interfaces. This includes link status, transmit (TX) and receive (RX) signal power monitoring, and operational temperature. A 10 Mbps in-band data communications channel (DCC) is embedded in the line side for remote management.
The EKINOPS PM 20002-MA is also supported by Celestis Pilot, the EKINOPS advanced Network Management System.
- Meets high scale data center interconnection requirements for service density, large capacity, low power and low cost transport
- High-speed aggregation of up to 2 x 100GbE into 200G line port
- Doubles chassis capacity in the same footprint compared to 100G solutions
- Pluggable module fits into existing EKINOPS chassis — two units in 2RU or six units in 7RU
- Tunable optics deliver up to 88 x 200G channels with 50 GHz spacing
- Low power consumption compared to other data center interconnection solutions — 0.65W per G!
- Upgradable to 400G and even 1T capacities with the same hardware using Superchannels and 37.5GHz spacing
- Data center interconnection
- High capacity metro transport
- Router connectivity
- Fiber exhaust on congested routes