EKINOPS is leading the industry with a true coherent 100G access unit to address the increasing bandwidth demand seen in today’s metro and access markets. The growth in the number of data centers located in metro networks combined with the growth of high speed Ethernet business services is causing unprecedented demand for access capacity and putting pressure on metro networks to deliver. While non-coherent based optics may deliver attractive price points, the market has shown a clear preference for coherent transport because it delivers four times the spectral efficiency and superior transport performance.
EKINOPS designed the PM 10001-MA, PM 10010-MA and PM 10010MP-MA specifically for the access market so they deliver maximum performance at low cost for higher and faster ROI. The modules all use pluggable client optics for easy interconnection to customer equipment and tunable line optics supporting all 88 DWDM channels so they can carry up to 8.8 Tbps on a single fiber without compromising performance. The modules are very compact delivering 2x100G units in only 2RU and highly power efficient at just over 1W per gigabit of transport bandwidth. Combining this with ease of operation, unmatched price points and superior performance makes EKINOPS the clear choice in 100G transport solutions.
The EKINOPS PM 100G metro-access modules can be managed through SNMP or via the EKINOPS standard element level management interfaces, which include a Command Line Interface (CLI) and an EKINOPS java-based Graphical User Interface (GUI). The CLI is accessible via Secure Socket Shell (SSH) and Telnet remotely or via a local serial port locally on the management board.
Complete performance monitoring and management are provided, including laser shutoff and local and remote loopback, useful for maintenance and fault isolation.
Digital Diagnostics Management (DDM) is supported for both CFP and SFP+ interfaces. This includes link status, transmit (TX) and receive (RX) signal power monitoring, and operational temperature, as well as manufacturer and transceiver model information essential for inventory management. A 10 Mbps in-band Data Communications Channel (DCC) is embedded in the lineside for remote management.
The EKINOPS PM 100G metro-access modules are also supported by Celestis NMS, the EKINOPS advanced Network Management System.
- 100G Coherent Metro-Access transponder for delivery of 100GbE services (PM 10001-MA)
- CFP-based pluggable client optics (PM 10001-MA)
- Cost efficient aggregation of 10G Ethernet (PM 10010-MA) or any mix of 8G and 10G services including Ethernet, Fibre Channel, OTN and SONET/SDH (PM 10010MP-MA)
85% better space efficiency and simplified sparing by replacing ten 10G modules with a single 100G coherent module
- Single-carrier transport for greater spectral efficiency compared to multi-carrier non-coherent solutions
- Support for up to 88 100G channels
- Metro scalability in a small form factor, with 200G in 2RU or 600G in 7RU
- Multiple OPEX benefits including having fewer channels and no DCM to manage and consumes less space and power — 1W per gigabit delivered
- 120 km reach
- Enterprise connectivity between high capacity sites
- Data Center Interconnection (DCI)
- High bandwidth metro and access networks
- Simple capacity addition using 100G WDM line as an Alien wavelength over existing metro network